Image 1 of 1
Scott B Smith-Historic Home-Wiscasset Maine-406.jpg
Built by Major Abiel Wood between 1811 and 1825. Building was stopped early on by the death of Wood’s wife and the War of 1812, but was finally finished in 1825. It has double-brick insulation. Until recently, it was owned by Major Wood’s descendents. It is a three-story mansion with a graceful Palladian doorway and window.